Monday, April 27, 2009

How to cloth diaper using receiving blankets

This post is to teach you how to cloth diaper using rags and receiving blankets. It is so very frugal and easy once you get the hang of it! Happy,simple,and affordable cloth diapering!!!



1. first lay out receiving blanket pattern side down unlike picture which is face up.

2. fold blanket in half and flatten

3. Fold in half again and flatten

4. Take only the top layer of fabric and begin to pull up and to the side.


5.straighten the diapers and corners. Then while holding both sides of the top flip the whole diaper over.
6.Next for extra absorbency add a soaker layer, or rag. I used cut up old towels. I think it is important to have the soaker layers all be the same size, but it is only to make folding easier, and not important. Try to fold so that the soaker is the same length as the diaper up and down. It is best to fold until the fold ends in the middle weather it takes two or three folds to get there is not important.



7. Next fold in the soaker layer. Two folds works well for me.

Now it is ready to either put on baby or fold to use when needed.


I find it important to keep my hand tucked in the diaper while pinning to protect my little one. I haven't jabbed myself yet but I could.

Last but not least if you would like to keep your blankets unstained and make clean up easier. You can fold a regular cloth diaper in half the long way twice w/ the open side crease down and centered in the middle of the diaper both horizontally and vertically. this enables you to be able to take that part out should there be a poopoo diaper and just holding both ends swirl it in the toilet to clean. No hands on scrubbing for this girl.(-= These diapers wash very well and don't smell at all!!! They also line dry well because they are made from such thin materials when unfolded. I love them and love diapering this way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment